VMware Cloud Community
SGreffard
Contributor
Contributor

vAPP VCOPS 5.7 - "The alert queue is full"

Hi,

I need help with VCOPS.

I have a warning in my VCOPS: "Cannot send an outbound alert. The Alert queue is full. Consider desabling or improving the performance of active outbound alert instances."

I turned off all alerts, I rebooted both VMs and I searched on Google I find no way to clear the message queue.

I think the message queue is corrupt.. how empty or repare the message queue?

Regard.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

this error is not about MQ, it's about an internal queue for alerting

The default queue size is 500, so one reason might be that you have more than 500 alerts in 1-2 seconds period, and the alerts cannot get sent that quickly.

Which is not a good setup anyway (having that many alerts/sec).

0 Kudos
SGreffard
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help gradinka,

Where can I see the number of alert per second? Because right now I have only 71 active alerts.

In fact, my problem occurs when I loss network connectivity with all virtual infrastructure. Since this failure, the queue is full.

Sorry for my bad english, i'm a french speaker :S

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I see - so are you sure that vc_ops can actually send the alerts? e.g. it can conect to the SMTP server etc.

0 Kudos
SGreffard
Contributor
Contributor

All SMTP setting seem be OK.

SMTPSetting.jpg

For now, all alerts is removed in the configuration of VCOPS. If I configure alerts, I get all email alerts, but this error in queue still there Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

you can try restarting services, this should clear the queue.

a place to look for some clues would be the analytics.log on analytics_vm (/data/vcops/log).

0 Kudos
SGreffard
Contributor
Contributor

OK

I found it!

I use the page https://xxxxx/vcops-custom and cancel all alerts. The network connectivity issue cause a large number of alert and freeze Alert queue.

Thank you again for your help.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

good Smiley Happy

0 Kudos