VMware Cloud Community
JeremyMonnet
Contributor
Contributor

size of folder (or pool) reporting to a datastore

Hello,

(I am quite new to operations, so I hope my questions are valid, do not hesitate to point me to another thread if I missed something) 

I am trying to build a specific view, but I am not even sure vRealize operations may be able to do it. So, first things first, I would like a pie chart (or donut, or whatever) representing the space occupied on a (vsan) datastore, and that would be 3 different metrics concatenated :
- several folders (or resource pools)

- rest of occupied space

- free space

JeremyMonnet_0-1652089007641.png

There are veeam and zerto replications, I would get each veeam tenant (folders or pools space used), zerto (rest of occupied space), and free space (what is left).

Folders (or pools) for Veeam look like

- Cloud_connect_replication

- Tenant A

- Tenant B

1) Veeam folders size

I started by creating a supermetric to get folder size as I did not find it out of the box. And here lies my first issue : I can get the metric for a folder, but I haven't been able to merge the result in a single pie chart. I haven't been able to select several folders to be represented on the chart, or (my second lead) to values for all sub-folders in the supermetric.

2) Zerto occupied space

I believe (I haven't tried it though) I can build a supermetric with the space os the datastore minus the veeam folder size from 1).

3) Free space

That seems easy enough to get for a datastore

4) concatenate

Can I build a view with a pied chart that would present the 3 values from above ? I haven't been able to find a chart example from several metrics, and I am wondering if that is even possible ?

Thanks for insight,

Jeremy

0 Kudos
0 Replies