(2) embedded HP NC382i Dual Port Multifuntion gigabit server adapter
HP NC364T PCI Express Quad Port Gigabit server adapter - low profile
Redundant 750 W CS HE hot-plug power supplies
HP 4GB SDHC Flash media kit
HP TPM module kit
HP Care Pack, 5 yr, 4 hr, 24x7
1. Is the total memory 36 GBs or is it 72 GB combined?
2. 6 NICs total, do you recommend VMs be on their own seperate NIC? Is the quad port adapter just as good as a seperate NIC?
3. I plan on buying 3 of these servers --is the standard warranty enough, or would you purchase a care pack (based on your experience)
4. Is the X5690 processor overkill, fellow technician stated it was?
These 3 servers either dell or hp will be esxi 4.1 hosts with:
- 13 guests distributed amongst them
- 30 vmware view clients (depending if memory is still available)
- an EMC VNXe 3300 SAN
- the IOPS has been considered
- bootstorms has been considered
- using iSCSI
- network is good 2 go (10 GB links)
What else would I be missing, or forgot to consider? Do I need to increase the memory? Am I smoking crack? Should the VDI environment be seperate from the server environment? (Still testing this in the lab) Thanks in advance for looking at this? -n00b-