VMware Cloud Community
koit12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

"Manage Registration" button missing

Hi,

I asked the same question on the Slack channel, but it seems to be more activity here.

Any one know why my “Manage Registrations” button in “VMware vSphere” solution is missing?

I only have the “Define Monitoring Goals” and “Save Settings” buttons. See picture: https://goo.gl/images/qqYbUV

I’m running vROps v6.61

I have registered a test vROps environment to the same vCenter server. Seems like it somehow have taken “ownership” of the vCenter.

Have do I re-register the first vROps environment without losing any historical data?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Starting with vROps 6.6, the vCenter plug-in has been removed. That button has also been removed since the Manage Registrations was to manage that plug-in. This means all the sub-badges in the Health portlet are gone, and this is by design.

0 Kudos
koit12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I know that the Health Badges was removed from v6.6 because of the new Clarity GUI, but the "Manage Registrations"-button is still present in v.6.6x.

My test vROps running v 6.61 still have the button when connected to the same vCenter.

We are using vRealize Business and it looks for the MOB-Extension reference on the vCenter server find the connected vROps environment.

I have the Test vROps instance registered on the vCenter server and I need to switch it to my Production vROps environment.

I tried to unregister it from my Test vROps. That cleared the MOB-Extension on the vCenter, but I'm still unable to register it from Prod vROps.

I could maybe delete the whole vCenter instance and keep the objects and try to re-register the vCenter.

I'm afraid that this method breaks some of my other integrations.

I tried this in my Test vROps and it looks like it messed up a couple of things. Eg. SDDC Health dashboards.

What's the safest way to re-register the vCenter without breaking anything?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I didn't have my 6.6.x environment handy to check and see if that button is gone for all configurations. If you're having problems registering it, you'll have to post some more information. SDDC Health keys off the registered vSphere adapter, so yes that's going to break.

0 Kudos
koit12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had the vCenter registered for more than a year and it collects metrics OK as far as I can tell.

The problem started when we decided to connect another vROps environment (Test) to the same vCenter.

Now it seems like the Test vROps has taken "ownership" over the vCenter.

When we run the vRealize Business Wizard it tells us that the Test vROps is connected to the vCenter.

screenshot.png

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

That message is different and not the same one that's seen when a MOB lookup fails. Since this is getting off topic, create a new thread and post your information again there. Post your version info for vRB and show DNS info for this vROps system and architecture, please.

0 Kudos
koit12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm sorry, but it was not my intention to get off topic. This problem is not about vRB, I just used is as an example.

I just wanted to explain that I have the wrong vROps instance registered with my vCenter and that in turn affects the vRB configuration.

It was stated earlier in this thread that you don't need to register vCenter after version 6.6 but I believe you still have to.

So... getting back to topic 🙂

How can I get my "Manage Registrations" button back?

0 Kudos
MichaelRyomProa
Contributor
Contributor

How to register a plugin in vCenter - I do not believe there is a way to get the button back

VMware vSphere 6.5 Documentation Library

0 Kudos
koit12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I opened a SR with VMware and it turns out to be browser related.

When using Chrome from a different computer, the button returned and worked fine.

I tried to clear all browser cache(cookies, downloads, etc.), but nothing worked.

One other difference is that the non working browser runs in a VMware VDI environment.

But again.... the button works fine from the same VDI against our test vROps environment.

I suspect Clarity is involved in this issue because I've seen other GUI related issues after the 6.6 upgrade.

Is there a workaround for these GUI related problems other than clearing the browser cache?

0 Kudos