VMware Cloud Community
lcinfrastructur
Contributor
Contributor

"Cluster or Host Capacity Usage" in VROPS vs VSOM

Hi team,

We have an environment with both vRealize Operations Manager and vCenter Operations Manager, on VSOM we used to report our environment on the following report:

Planning > Views > Cluster or Host Capacity Usage

This would allow us to report daily, weelky or monthly on several key components (vcpu, CPU usage, RAM, Network, etc) all at once, and we could use both charts and tabled data:

View selection:

vsom1.JPG

Table view, in "Monthly" intervals

vsom2.JPG

Chart View, in "Monthly" intervals

vsom3.JPG

I have analysed all that I could in the vROPS but I just cannot find a similar summary / trend elsewhere, I only find individual, non-dynamic charts, so I am starting to wonder if this is even possible to get anymore..

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
greco827
Expert
Expert

It's not identical in terms of the way it looks, but you should be able to see the same forecasting under the Analysis tab --> Capacity Remaining and/or Time Remaining.

If that isn't what you are looking for, try the Details tab, which contains many "views".  In the image below they are filtered by Trend based views.  You can also create your own from the Content section, and also use those views to create reports.

vROps_Forecasting.jpg

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful https://communities.vmware.com/people/greco827/blog
0 Kudos