VMware Cloud Community
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

predict vm resource in vrops

Dear all

Hi

i know vrealize can predict some resource for vm such as disk space usage for example can notify and show VM1 disk space will be full untill 10 days but

now want to know can vRealize predict other vm resource predict such as CPU or Memory ?

can it predict my cpu or memory of vm will be full until 5 days ago ?

BR

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jasnyder
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Yes, you can do time remaining analysis on these metrics.

Here is an example from a cluster object (shows that I have 230 days until I run out of CPU resources):

pastedImage_0.png

Here's an example from a VM (nothing is in danger over the next year):

pastedImage_1.png

As you can see from the screenshots, the time remaining calculation takes all of these factors into account and projects their utilization out over the next year to determine if/when you will run into issues for each.  If any of them are projected to have an issue, it will alert to the shortest one coming up and degrade the time remaining badge/number.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jasnyder
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Yes, you can do time remaining analysis on these metrics.

Here is an example from a cluster object (shows that I have 230 days until I run out of CPU resources):

pastedImage_0.png

Here's an example from a VM (nothing is in danger over the next year):

pastedImage_1.png

As you can see from the screenshots, the time remaining calculation takes all of these factors into account and projects their utilization out over the next year to determine if/when you will run into issues for each.  If any of them are projected to have an issue, it will alert to the shortest one coming up and degrade the time remaining badge/number.

0 Kudos