VMware Cloud Community
TedH256
Expert
Expert

licensing - vSOM, is a vRealize license supposed to be available?

We had vCOPs installed before - but the admin password was lost, etc etc so when we wanted to upgrade to vRealize we just removed the old stuff (including un-registering it with vcenter, and deleting from disk) since we were not going to be able to import data anyway, and then installed vRealize.

However, when I look in our My VMWare portal -- there is no vRealize license. I see our two vSOM licenses (for 10CPUs total) - I know this included vRealize, but when I try to use the vSOM license numbers, the fail.

How / where do I get the license that will work with my vRealize that is included with vSOM?

Ted

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TedH256
Expert
Expert

I figured people here would "just know" this - I've been googling, but no easy answers.

I guess I need to call the VMware licensing desk ....

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Check to ensure your perms allow you to see that license in the My VMware portal. Are you talking about a vSOM license, or are you talking about a vRealize suite license such as adv/ent? Two different things that entitle you differently.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
Vti2011
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Ted,

YES vRealize available in vSOM licensing for more details please check this VMware vSphere Comparison Matrix | intellisent

If its not help you then reply me.

Thanks

kuver

Kuver Pratap Singh Virtualization Consultant
0 Kudos
Vti2011
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Ted,

Here I want your email id.

Thanks

kuver