VMware Cloud Community
ricky73
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

license operations management

I have VMware vSphere 6 Enterprise Plus several licenses for multiple hosts and n.1 vCenter Server; now I bought n.2 new licenses but I found out to be "vSphere with Operation Management 6 Enterprise Plus".

It's vRealize Operation management or this one is another product?

About license I can install Operation Management even if there are more 2 hosts ?

thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

You can deploy and licence vrops standard edition but only monitor the VMs and hosts that have the vSphere with Operation Management 6 Enterprise Plus licence key.

take a look at https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/products/vsphere/vmware-vsphere-wi...  to see what you get with that key

larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

vSphere with Operation Management 6 Enterprise Plus (vSOM) is a vSphere Enterprise Plus license that also licenses you for vRealize Operations Manager (vROps).

You can install vRealize Operations Manager and enter the vSphere with Operation Management 6 Enterprise Plus.  The hosts monitored by vRealize Operations Manager would be limited to the number of sockets of vSOM currently owned. 

You can always upgrade you other keys to vSOM to get full use of vROps.

ricky73
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Ok, where can I find it?

it's product to install into vSphere client or to vCenter?

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

If you have to ask that question you are not ready to install it. I would suggest you do a bit of research on the product documentation/ youtube videos before you deploy it

0 Kudos