VMware Cloud Community
baber
Expert
Expert

how can monitor middleware and applications with vRealize-Operations-Manager???

Dear all

Hi

i have downloaded latest version of vRealize-Operations-Manager-Appliance-6.6.0.5707161_OVF10.ova in documents i read it can monitor middleware, and applications running in your physical, virtual, and cloud environments and others that i have attached in pic but now i could not find any that features in vrealize how can use or enable that features ????

BR

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
PaulFreedman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You need to add additional End Point Operations Plug In's, (Administration > Configuration > End Point Operations)

You also need to be running Advanced or Enterprise depending on what you wanted to monitor.

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

You will also need the management pack for the application to monitor from

Vsx

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

Is your means that if i want to monitor all of attached applications in previous post i have to first install vrealize operation manager and then add a plugin with name is vsx ??????

BR

babak

0 Kudos
erikverbruggen
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

vROPS contains a feature called Endpoint Operations Monitoring. This feature enables vROPS to monitor middleware such as OS and applications. This feature uses a small agent (Endpoint Operations Agent) installed on the server, either physical or virtual, to collect metrics and report them back to vROPS.

For vROPS to understande these metrics, you will need a Management Pack for the applicable application. These Management Packs can be found in the VMware Solution Exchange (VSX), Vsx

Each Management Pack will have a set of predefined dashboard, reports, etc to monitor the application.

To use this feature you will need either vROPS Advanced or Enterprise. vROPS Enterprise is the only edition supporting application middleware monitoring, for a comparison of the editions, vRealize Operations IT Operations Management: VMware

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

VSX is the Vmware Solutions Exchange. It is a website that has the management packs for the applications and hardware.

for example if you want to monitor IIS download and install the Management pack for IIS

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

My vrealize operation manager license is enterprise

1 - is your means that i have to first download endpoint operation agent that compatibale with my os (linux and windows )??

2- while install endpoint operation agent on os which tools have to install on vrealize operation manager ?

BR

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

Please help me

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Please go to the documentation site and read about the process there. It is very well documented. The overview of the process is:

1. Install vROps
  2. Install necessary management packs for your application
  3. Alternative to #2, some management packs do not require agents in-guest (Blue Medora).
  4. Install EpOps agent inside guest OS.
  5. Configure vROps dashboards, views, and reports as desired.
0 Kudos