VMware Cloud Community
sorina
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

custom UI

I have read custom UI get startted  it was hard but good

Do you have any suggestion to being expert in Custom UI (tuterial Video or ...).

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

The custome UI is exactly that....CUSTOM 🙂

You need to understand firstly what information you need. For example if you need to display Read Latency of luns :  Which Lun in my environment have the highest Latency : http://www.virtualclouds.co.za/?p=163

It is not difficult to learn...you need to know what data it is that you want to display and them some creativity.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

The custome UI is exactly that....CUSTOM 🙂

You need to understand firstly what information you need. For example if you need to display Read Latency of luns :  Which Lun in my environment have the highest Latency : http://www.virtualclouds.co.za/?p=163

It is not difficult to learn...you need to know what data it is that you want to display and them some creativity.

0 Kudos
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Sorina,

for the custom UI side I let me customers (internal and external) decide what they think is important. As an example I have third party data from smarts and I bundled that into dashboards for network devices for one team, firewalls, and then Hosts (servers of all flavors) into other dashboards. Commonly they will ask for CPU util, memory and disk usage, so I make a big four of heat maps with multiple drop down metrics they want to see in each window for cpu, memory, disk, and maybe network or interface and ports. The storage guys want all the netapp and emc info they can collect and blend that into the vcenter data and you should be able to create many dashboards for the storage teams that helps them with read write rates and latencys are most common.

Dont share it, but I always recommend using the replay dashboard called the metric weather map. You have to have a speicifc metric in mind, or Super Metric but the replay over time is great to see building issues that answer the question of what happened this weekend.

Use your tags and application creation to help make the dashboards.

sorina
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HI

I am designing Heat Map in Custom UI ! It is very constrain , I can not create many of Heat Maps such as Host I/O Contention Sized By I/O Usage Grouped By Datastore that there is in VC ANALYSIS    ?!!

How can Goup by host and datastore?

0 Kudos