VMware Cloud Community
MMAgeek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

applying vCops for View license

Hi, we have the full Horizon suite which comes with a vCops for View license. I have downloaded and installed the vCops virtual appliance but it says the license is incorrect when i try to apply the vCops for View license. From reading the docs it appears we need a vCops Enterprise license?? How do i apply the licenses we have? I just need the View parts working.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Same product, different license keys. It's just a matter of what SKU you bought.

If you got the V4V licensing via the Horizon suite, you'll use that vC Ops license key as your vC Ops key. The important thing to note is, Horizon licensing of V4V/vC Ops assumes you're 'only' monitoring View infrastructure VMs.

Apply that vC Ops key to vCenter, license vC Ops in vCenter, confirm vC Ops is getting that key (via /admin UI) and away you go.

More details here:

VMware vCenter Operations Manager for Horizon View 1.5.1 Release Notes

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Do you own vC Ops Enterprise and have that license applied to your deployment?

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
MMAgeek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No, we just want to use the vCops for View license that came with Horizon Suite. I was under the impression that vCops for View was a separate product to vCops and the license keys that come with Horizon Suite would work for it without purchasing additional licenses.

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Same product, different license keys. It's just a matter of what SKU you bought.

If you got the V4V licensing via the Horizon suite, you'll use that vC Ops license key as your vC Ops key. The important thing to note is, Horizon licensing of V4V/vC Ops assumes you're 'only' monitoring View infrastructure VMs.

Apply that vC Ops key to vCenter, license vC Ops in vCenter, confirm vC Ops is getting that key (via /admin UI) and away you go.

More details here:

VMware vCenter Operations Manager for Horizon View 1.5.1 Release Notes

0 Kudos
MMAgeek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Great, thanks!

0 Kudos