VMware Cloud Community
dbutch1976
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

admin default password VROPs 8.1

I deployed VROPs 8.1.0 from within my vsphere 7.0 lab and clicking on vRealize Operations and following the prompts. I used my administrator@vsphere.local account when prompted and this account also allows me to log into VROPs, however when I attempt to configure my second vCenter to use the same VROPs appliance I am being prompted for the admin password which I never configured or used. Presumably there is a default password for admin, however I can't find it anywhere in the documentation and I definitely don't remember setting an admin password.

Is there a preset default admin password for VROPS?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sunvmware1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

The virtual appliance starts in single-user mode
Type passwd root and follow the prompts to create a new root password.

0 Kudos
dbutch1976
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I'm definitely not understanding something here. I don't have an admin password, I don't have a root password. I am able to log on only with administrator@vsphere.local. I have no other passwords so I cannot log in order to update the appliance, reset the passwords, anything. Unless it can be done using administrator@vsphere.local.

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

Been a while since i deployed vrops but if i remember correctly the root password is changed the first time you try to log into the vrops appliance using SSH or the console using the root account

The admin account password is the second step after you click new install when deploying vrops. 

Administrator@vsphere.local is just a vcenter account. It will let you login if you have vrops set to allow vcenter users to log in in the global settings. 

0 Kudos