VMware Cloud Community
gregbo8
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Why doesn't data show up in Metric Chart?

I'm trying to create a Dashboard with a Metric Chart, but every time I select a Metric, the chart is blank.  What am I doing wrong?

I Selected the vCenter Adapter Type, and the Virtual Machine Object Type, and then Disk Space | Capacity Remaining Value (GB).  Nothing shows up.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Some data points don't occur every 5-min, but rather every 24 hours or so given their synthetic calculation as part of your capacity planning policy settings (buffers, over-commit, etc.).. The default chart period of 6 hours. Change the metric chart period to 7-days, and I believe you'll see that data points drop every 24 hrs or so. This calculation interval cannot be changed for these cap planning metrics.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Some data points don't occur every 5-min, but rather every 24 hours or so given their synthetic calculation as part of your capacity planning policy settings (buffers, over-commit, etc.).. The default chart period of 6 hours. Change the metric chart period to 7-days, and I believe you'll see that data points drop every 24 hrs or so. This calculation interval cannot be changed for these cap planning metrics.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
gregbo8
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

There's still nothing in the chart...do i need to wait a full day to see something?  Also, which metrics do update every five minutes?  I've tried other metrics (such as Demand %) and the chart is still blank.

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Can you give a screenshot? Be sure to include the object name/type int he metric graph. Are you trying to graph an object type or object? Is the VM powered on and collecting data? Also graph vR Ops Generated > self - metrics.. this will show us if it's even collecting metrics.

0 Kudos
gregbo8
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I got data to show up...I think i forgot to set the provider properly.  Thanks

0 Kudos