VMware Cloud Community
baber
Expert
Expert

Why cannot show major metrics in vRealize True Visibility Suite

As I have installed vrealize true visibility suite and install HPEProLiant-7.0_4.0.0_b20200917.103945.pak. Now added a new HPE server to it but actually it doesn't show major metrics such as CPU usage , Memory usage , .... I have attached a pic from metrics 

Why id doesn't show major metrics?

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
13 Replies
ScottThomson
Contributor
Contributor

Add a pic of the repository configuration and click Object Details from the 3 dots next to the repository item.

Does the TVS have a trial licence?  You mentioned you were looking into this?

Does the repo come back as validated?

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

Exactly I did that also attach metrics in previous post now attach a pic from plugin

Can you see more metrics ?

0 Kudos
KabirAli82
Expert
Expert

To find the metrics and properties of that MP, try this:

In my case I click on 13 accounts (yours is 1 I believe I just saw)

KabirAli82_0-1606218490986.png

Check the status of the object

KabirAli82_1-1606218658331.png

Copy the name of the object and search for it in the search bar. This should take you to the metrics and properties of that object.

Also be sure to add the new HW under "Other accounts" (2nd picture)

Was I helpful? Give a kudo for appreciation!
Braindumping @ http://kablog.nl/
Tweeting @ https://twitter.com/_Kabir_Ali_
0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

For you show 13 because you have added 13 HPE server I have added just one HPE DL380 G8 . my server name is lab2 when I Seach Lab2 in seach box show two result such as attach pic (pic1)  when select lab2 from HPE server Adapter instance just shows pic2 and when select Lab2 from HPE rack show pic3 . another not show anything about memory and cpu usage and disk is that logic ? Would you take a pic from your metrics on HPE server please ?

pic1.jpgpic2.jpgpic3.jpg

Also attach collector status

0 Kudos
KabirAli82
Expert
Expert

Right, now I understand you. 🙂

You don't see those metrics because they:

1) don't exist (a HPE rack itself doesn't have CPU's, its childen do.)

2) aren't collected (maybe because there is no API to get that data)

Have a look here for a full metrics list:
https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vRealize-True-Visibility-Suite/1.0/hpe-proliant/GUID-E2F45D2A-3573...

Was I helpful? Give a kudo for appreciation!
Braindumping @ http://kablog.nl/
Tweeting @ https://twitter.com/_Kabir_Ali_
0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

1- According that we cannot monitor cpu usage or memory usage . is that correct ?

2- As credential which one has different metrics and I do credential with ILO credential is that possible also do authenticate with OA and VCM

3- Now you'r metrics are such as my metrics ? Can I see your metrics from HPE server ?

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

Also I have installed vRealize True Visibility Suite Manager such as follow pic :

pic5.jpg

Then go to the other account and select add account and select TVS Manager from list and show follow pic :

pic6.jpg
Now what is this and what parameters had to fill ? Is that necessary install TVS Manager ? What is the benefits to install TVS Manager

BR

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

Actually I installed HPE DL server pak file from visibility suite but actually it cannot provide useful info from server for example cannot any info about cpu and memory usage disk usage and space and .....

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

stupid question as i dont have HP servers. Does the ILO itself have CPU usage info in it? If yes how often does it pole and what is its role up for that pole? If it is every hour and what it was at that collection time it might be a good thing not collecting it 🙂 

If no that is why it is not collecting it

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

That is correct. ILO can not collect info for cpu and memory usage and ....... But I though with this pak we can add server via OS without install agent on it.

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

But why would you expect a pak that collects hardware info from an ILO device that its self does not collect the cpu info to collect cpu info.

the pak can only collect the data from the device you are connecting to it cant make the data up if it does not exist on the device in question.

it is like saying i installed the cisco pak but it is not collecting server data even tho the server is attached to the switch.

You want OS data for physical install the agent in the OS. The reason you get limited VM OS data is the tools are the agent

baber
Expert
Expert

Thanks. Would you say what is vRealize True Visibility Suite Manager ? How can this help us?

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

dont know, dont use it. Try google i am sure there is a pdf for it

0 Kudos