VMware Cloud Community
MattG
Expert
Expert

Why can't vCops email alert on Major Badges and will this be fixed in the future?

The only email alert that seems useful in vCops is the Health Major Badge,  however the alerts will only email alert on the minor badges.

Is this going to be resolved in the futur, as I only want to get alarms when my object becomes unhealthy.

Thanks,

-MattG

-MattG If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
vkaranam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Matt,

Can you be specific to which dashboard alerts are you asking about?

For the default dahboards you can modify the alerting system as per the threshold you kept. This can be don in notifications and it a simple GUI

For the custom dashboards to edit the alerting system you have to edit an .XML file in the UI VM where u can set up the alerts that u wants to monitored.

Thanks

VK

0 Kudos
MattG
Expert
Expert

I referring to /vcops-vsphere/ default dashboard.

You can't modify the default dashboard to alert on Health only. 

I am struggling to figure out if email alerts should even be enabled because they are noisy without the ability to alert on Health. 

The anomaly emails are annoying.   I have alerts set to only alert on Critical and I keep getting the "You have 26 out of 216 anomalies" emails that are cancelled the next hour.   The whole point of vCops was to figure out the object's overall Health score and alert me on the dashboard about that.  But apparently the app doesn't allow me to send those important Health change alerts via email?

Thanks,

-MattG

-MattG If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Matt,

Yes you can...under Configuration -> Badges & Alerts, then Alert Management. Here is the settings that you can set to setup alert.

You can also disable Anomalies from sending Alerts.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
MattG
Expert
Expert

Hugo,

I understand that I can disable the minor badges,  but it seems most appropriate to alert on Health,  which vCops doesn't allow.

-MattG

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Matt,

I Understand now what U mean...will log a future request.

0 Kudos