VMware Cloud Community
buga2050
Contributor
Contributor

Which metric in VROPS has the virtual machine hardware version?

I am trying to modify the Virtual Machine Properties List View to also list the VM hardware version but I can't seem to find it....

Capture.JPG

7 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Virtual Machinde hardware version property is still not collected today (just checked 6.1).

0 Kudos
andrea_annoe1
Contributor
Contributor

We have install version Version 6.1.0.3038036 and don't see this metric.

Someone have news?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

On Version 6.2.0.3528905 - still not there. I just noticed you may also be looking in the wrong place, once implemented it will probably appear under "Properties" not "Metrics":

tb_sc_2016-03-18_01-17-49_PM.png

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Would please explain the use case scenario? I will try to address it. If you prefer not to post it here, you can also contact  me directly by mail tbaublys (at) vmware.com

0 Kudos
djmoose
Contributor
Contributor

I would guess that he/she just wants a quick way to see what hardware version all of his VMs are at.

I found this thread today because I'm looking to do the same thing. We have over 6000 VMs across 6 vCenters and it would be awesome to get that all in one view and find all of the lower hardware versions.

It's rather disappointing that this metric is not collected in vRops.

flyswa
Contributor
Contributor

Add me to the list of people needing the VM hardware version in vROPs.  How am I supposed to get a report of all the hardware versions in my environment?
0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

It's now present in vROps. From the All Metrics view on a VM, All Properties -> Version.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos