VMware Cloud Community
TomerSchweid
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Whats in /storage/db/vcops/data?

Hello everyone,

Recently I ran out of space in my vROPS and I tried to search for something to delte.

I quickly found out that the following path "/storage/db/vcops/data/" takes most of the data (386GB out of 469GB of /storage/db).

At the path there are directories numbered 0-17 that consumes most of the space.

What data is inside those direcotries?

P.S. I already resolved my issue by increasing the storage, so I don;t need help with that.

Thanks in advance,

Tomer

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

What data is inside there: That would be all you metrics/properties historical data that has been written to disk

why is it splitted to directories:  I would guess that is the way the database organised the data

What's in each directory: Dont know but if you wanted to know check the documentation on the database vrops useses

Can I manually delete this data: i would not as it is split across all nodes. what data is relevant and what is not is hard to work out

you could change the  Additional Time series retention to 0 months so no roll up data for additional 36 months is kept. This saved me 40% storage space

you can also adjust the Time series data retention from the default 6 months to what ever you want.

you could cut down on the metric your policies collects

you could change the Action history default 30 days

you could change the Deleted objects from 168h

you could change the object history from 300 days

look at these before manually deleting the data. also check out the sizing guide and input the data form the vrops audit report to see if you have sized the storage correctly

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

That would be the location for you vrops database data

0 Kudos
TomerSchweid
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

What data is inside there? why is it splitted to directories? What's in each directory? is it divided per objects? metrics? date?

Can I manually delete this data?

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

What data is inside there: That would be all you metrics/properties historical data that has been written to disk

why is it splitted to directories:  I would guess that is the way the database organised the data

What's in each directory: Dont know but if you wanted to know check the documentation on the database vrops useses

Can I manually delete this data: i would not as it is split across all nodes. what data is relevant and what is not is hard to work out

you could change the  Additional Time series retention to 0 months so no roll up data for additional 36 months is kept. This saved me 40% storage space

you can also adjust the Time series data retention from the default 6 months to what ever you want.

you could cut down on the metric your policies collects

you could change the Action history default 30 days

you could change the Deleted objects from 168h

you could change the object history from 300 days

look at these before manually deleting the data. also check out the sizing guide and input the data form the vrops audit report to see if you have sized the storage correctly

0 Kudos