baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

What does mean Registering Agents on Clusters

Dear all

Hi

quotes vrealize operation manager configuration guide  "

You only need to register the agent on the DNS, not on the IP address of each individual machine in the

cluster. If you do register the agent on each node in the cluster, it affects the scale of your environment "

now want to know is that means during epops agent installation in server address field had to insert vrops dns name instead ip address  ?

Regards

Babak

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Yogadevi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Its not the Vcenter cluster.Its the VROPS cluster with LB

You can go through the doc below

https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Operations-Manager/7.0/vRealize-Operations-Manager-Load-Balancin...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yogadevi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

The quote you are referring to is Registering Agents on Clusters which is one of the option for installing EPOPS agent through clusters

So when you do an EPOPS agent installation on individual VMs you can use either IP or hostname.

When you install the agent in cluster then you have to follow the DNS name of the cluster instead of IP

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

so thanks but i could not understand this part of your answer :

"When you install the agent in cluster then you have to follow the DNS name of the cluster instead of IP"

1- How can install epops on vCenter cluster?

2- what are benefits to install agent on vCenter cluster ?

3- As i know we had to install epops agent on each vm what does means install epops agent on cluster?

4- Is that your means we can install epops agent on vCenter cluster and it will automatically deploy on all of vms in that cluster ?

BR

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
Yogadevi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Its not the Vcenter cluster.Its the VROPS cluster with LB

You can go through the doc below

https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Operations-Manager/7.0/vRealize-Operations-Manager-Load-Balancin...

0 Kudos