VMware Cloud Community
goodface
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

What Will Fit on vrealize ?

hi,

one example attached . what is mean over by 6 virtual machine large profil and another tabs. i cant understand what is mean that. i should add vm/vm's on cluster ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

These server profiles are based on the vms in your cluster.

Large = The largest VM in the cluster

Small = The smallest VM in the cluster

Medium = The vm size in the middle of the above two

Average = the average size of all the vms on the cluster.

Based on you policy vrops will work out how many of the above will fit on your cluster for capacity management. purposes, I dont like these as they can give false reading if you have a cluster with 2 or 3 vms on it as the figures get messed up. We deploy specific sizes so i have created custom server profile sizes ( 2cpu x 4 GB ram etc) so i and get a more accurate cm count on an empty cluster.

When it says you are over by x that is how many large vm sizes you have over provisioned the cluster by

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

These server profiles are based on the vms in your cluster.

Large = The largest VM in the cluster

Small = The smallest VM in the cluster

Medium = The vm size in the middle of the above two

Average = the average size of all the vms on the cluster.

Based on you policy vrops will work out how many of the above will fit on your cluster for capacity management. purposes, I dont like these as they can give false reading if you have a cluster with 2 or 3 vms on it as the figures get messed up. We deploy specific sizes so i have created custom server profile sizes ( 2cpu x 4 GB ram etc) so i and get a more accurate cm count on an empty cluster.

When it says you are over by x that is how many large vm sizes you have over provisioned the cluster by

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Depending what is your demand you can use Project to simluate a deploy of VMs with a specific configuration.

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos