VMware Cloud Community
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Vrops 6.6.1 Data Retention

I have set vrops data retention to the lowest values i can with the exception that i would only have 1 month of metric data but that does not seem to be the case below are my global settings and a cpu metric for one of the hosts. Is there a settings file i need to modify or cant this be done

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erikverbruggen
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

There are two global settings for data retention of metrics.

- Time Series Data Retention

- Additional Time Series Retention

You have configured both settings to 1 month. This will provide you with 2 months of data retention. If you only want 1 month of data retention, you could configure the 'Additional Time Series Retention' setting to '0'.

The 'Additional Time Series Retention' global setting is explained in detail in this post, vXpress: Part 9 - Using data roll-ups for longer retention period in vROps 6.6

View solution in original post

3 Replies
erikverbruggen
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

There are two global settings for data retention of metrics.

- Time Series Data Retention

- Additional Time Series Retention

You have configured both settings to 1 month. This will provide you with 2 months of data retention. If you only want 1 month of data retention, you could configure the 'Additional Time Series Retention' setting to '0'.

The 'Additional Time Series Retention' global setting is explained in detail in this post, vXpress: Part 9 - Using data roll-ups for longer retention period in vROps 6.6

sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

So i change it to 0

pastedImage_1.png

But i still have longer than 30 days of date (below is the 60 day view of the CPU on a cluster).

pastedImage_2.png

Is this not working as expected or am i miss understanding what i am changing

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Turns out i just needed to wait

0 Kudos