VMware Cloud Community
PktProtectors
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware workstation fails at 2% conversion to Esxi Host

When I do a conversion in workstation to Vcenter, everything starts fine but at 2% it fails with an unknown error.  Below is the log from the workstation.  I have already done the selecting of volumes tip that has been posted as a fix.  Also have tried to send the vm directly to the esxi host instead of to vcenter.  I am really banging my head here on this, any help is appriecated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PktProtectors
Contributor
Contributor

To add to this, previosly the worked with other servers.  Then two weeks later, it will not work and gives me this error.  I know I'm not running out of room on teh datastores, I have over 20 TB of storage left.  The VM that is being transfered is a 500 GB vm, but this also failed on a 74 GB vm.

0 Kudos
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion

Or you are running in some sort of network connectivity issue, or check the http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1006859 steps. From the WS machine, you can connect using vSphere client to the ESX without any issue? Can you upload files to datastores, for example?

Marcelo Soares
0 Kudos
PktProtectors
Contributor
Contributor

I can connect to the Vcenter host via the WS, and I can transfer files back in forth to the NAS which houses all of the datastores.  But in the logs I'm getting a NFCConnection error, which says something with permissions, network, or storage, which I can't find why any of those would be happening.

0 Kudos
PktProtectors
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried to do the same thing but using VMWare Vcenter Converter Standalone.  Here is the log file for it.

0 Kudos