VMware Cloud Community
tienlamnguyen
Contributor
Contributor

Vcops enterprise database connection problem

I have installed vcops as an evaluation in a 2 tier configuration. I have one vm containing de vcops server and a second server containing my SQL 2008 vcops database.

I used the install guide to help me with vcops

The installation of the database went vithout any problems. After I installed vcops I now canoot make a connection to my database server. Everytime the try to test the database connection - I get a pop-up windows saying this:

The class com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.sqlserverdriver has not found

vcopsenterprise.png

Has anyone installed the vcops enterprise version and encountered this problem ? and more importantly found a solution.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
fk123
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This is because you've selected Windows authentication to connect, which requires some additional steps and MS drivers to be deployed.

I suggest using SQL Server authentication using a local user, it will be easier.  Later on you can change it to a Windows user.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
tienlamnguyen
Contributor
Contributor

vcopsenterprisesql.png

Thanks for your reply - with sql authentication I get a test failed window. Any hints to troubleshoot this is appreciated

0 Kudos
fk123
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You will need to enter the database name.

The instance name may be required depending on your setup.

Hope this helps.

tienlamnguyen
Contributor
Contributor

Sweet !!!! It worked !!!

But now everythime I want to start the vcops services (ActiveMQ,AnalyticsService,CollectorService,vcopsWebservice) I get an error 1607

what gives - I though I was out of the woods darn....

0 Kudos