VMware Cloud Community
nahum1
Contributor
Contributor

Vcops Dowanload

Hi there,

For the last two days i've been trying to download vCops in order to learn this product, after seeing the demos on you tube.

My weird issue is that every time i'm logging in with my user credentials to download the vCops trial version, the site automatically forwards/redirects me to download the vRealzie product.

I attached 2 screen shots to visualize my issue:

1. the screen i see with the yellow warning that i don't have permissions and i need to download the trial version.

2.The screen i get AFTER i click download trial.

I'll be happy to get your assistance, and maybe in this way finally you'll help me to download vCops and not vRealize.

Thank you,and best regards.

Nahum.

Israel.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
greco827
Expert
Expert

vCOps, as it was previously known, is likely no longer available for evaluation because it is no longer sold.  It redirects you to vROps, which is the same product line, next generation, because that is the current Operations Manager product which is being used.  Go ahead and get vROps 6.0.2, it has a far better architecture, integrates the custom and vSphere UI's, and is generally a much better product.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful https://communities.vmware.com/people/greco827/blog
0 Kudos
KSethi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You are been redirected to new link because vcops is no longer available for evaluation to download and the new VROPS that you are been redirected is the advance version of VCOPS and give you more features and functionalities when compared with VCOPS.

Rgds

Kanishk

0 Kudos
nahum1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi greco.

As far as i understand, vRops is more of an automation tool, and vCops is for monitoring.

My needs for now is the monitoring, can vRops give that to me?

0 Kudos
nahum1
Contributor
Contributor

As far as i understand, vRops is more of an automation tool, and vCops is for monitoring.

My needs for now is the monitoring, can vRops give that to me?

0 Kudos
KSethi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Nahum,

Vrops can help you with

Predictive analytics and smart alerts

Policy management

vSphere performance and health monitoring

Application discovery and dependency mapping

planning and optimization

This is not an exhaustive list but i believe this might answer your question.

Rgds

Kanishk

0 Kudos
greco827
Expert
Expert

vRealize Auotomation (vRA) is for automation.  vROps is the same as vCOps in principle, it hjust has an enahanced architecture, including being able to more easily scale and distribute (via remote collectors and data nodes), and the meshing of the vsphere UI and custom UI.  Those two things in combination make for a single-pane of glass experience, whereas vCOps 5.x did not.  But again, in principle and purpose, the same product use primarily for capacity management, performance management, and monitoring (if so desired).

vROps does integrate into vRA to a limited extent (basically it displays a health score badge to objects managed within vRA), but vROps is not an automation tool.  You may be getting the two confused as the generic "vRealize" is often used to refer to many different products within the vRealize or vCloud suite of tools and products.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful https://communities.vmware.com/people/greco827/blog
0 Kudos