VMware Cloud Community
abugeja
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

VRops Custom Dashboards Missing

I am running vROPs 7.5 and i had a number of custom dashboards created and i was playing around with permissions and now the dashboards are no longer available in the GUI. They must be somewhere i assume. How can i recover them? Is there a location on the OS with all the .xml files?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RickVerstegen
Expert
Expert

AFAIK only if you exported them. Then you are able to import them again.

Are the also not available in the GUI when logging in as admin?

Was I helpful? Give a kudo for appreciation!
Blog: https://rickverstegen84.wordpress.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/verstegenrick
0 Kudos
mghal40
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Login as your administrative user. Go to the Admin tab and look under Management for the Orphaned Content. You may find the missing dashboards there.

You can also go to the Dashboards tab, and look under Actions for Manage Dashboards. Try and search there to see if they may be owned by a different user. If so, you may need to Clone those dashboards.

abugeja
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

thanks for the replies but i ended up doing a full VM restore and all dashboards are visable again.

0 Kudos
vespavbb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have the same problem, all my custom Dashboards are missing,

The Problem is, the service user account under which these Dashboards where created was modified, and it looks like all dashboards from this certain user are gone.

Is there a way to find the dashboards at leat somewhere on the filesystem /usr/....?( I dont know where these files are stored?

VCP4,VCP5,VCP6,VCP7,VCP8
0 Kudos
abugeja
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

i had to restore my vrops appliance from a commvault backup to view the dashboards i created manually. I had a good look over the filesystems but no luck.

0 Kudos
JPM00
Contributor
Contributor

Administration>Management>Orphaned Content

This was the trick for us.  After working on the Authentication Sources that temporarily removed our AD source, all custom dashboards were gone.  Going to Orphaned Content showed all of the missing items and I was able to reassign them back to the users.

Saved me from restoring!

0 Kudos