VMware Cloud Community
tomtomv
Contributor
Contributor

VROPS Licensing Question

Hi, I currently run vSphere with Operations Management 5.5 Enterprise Plus with the addon to upgrade to VCOPS advanced.  As I migrate to VROPS I'm considering dropping the advanced addon and dropping down to standard as we dont use any of the custom dashboard or OS monitoring capabilities.  The only component I'm concerned about losing is "Capacity Model-driven Analytics", does anyone know for sure what this means?  Is this the what-if scenario/projects as this is a very useful feature?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Well, know that you cannot mix vSOM/vR Ops Standard with vR Ops Advanced or Enterprise in terms of a mixed-licensing scenario. Once you drop down to Standard again, you won't be able to use 'any' Advanced or Enterprise functionality on that vR Ops deployment unless you bring everything up to Adv or higher. "Capacity Model-driven Analytics" is a bit vague, I would agree. Have you gotten an answer yet here? It's easy enough to drop the edition down and just test it out, then go back to Advanced.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
tomtomv
Contributor
Contributor

Hi markj,

I didnt get an answer on exactly what it means, but I labbed up a VROPS standard install and it gave me everything I needed, including the ability to do "what-if" scenarios.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I take it you have no intention of using Hyperic?

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
tomtomv
Contributor
Contributor

No, we already have a comprehensive monitoring suite.

0 Kudos