VMware Cloud Community
g0rbi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VR 8.4.0 Plugin in VROPS 8.3 - authentication service infrastructure error

I've updated replication & srm to version 8.4, updated the vr & srm plugins in vrops 8.3 to the matching vr & srm 8.4 versions.

since then, i get this error if i try to add vr-plugin-nodes:

Cannot verify login credentials. The authentication service infrastructure is not responding.

Before the updates all worked fine and the srm 8.4 plugin is still (or aigain) woking, but vr not.

Any hints for me on that?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
kwhornlcs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Had a case open with GSS on this, and on mine it turned out the login creditial is now case-sensitive...for instance, if using adminitrator@vsphere.local  to connect the support pak, switch the saved credital to use Administrator@vsphere.local for the username instead.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

lukaslang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That totally did the trick, but you have to install 8.4.0.2 first. On another install with 8.4 it kept the error. After updating and using the case sensitive username it started working again.

Big thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lukaslang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We have the same problem and it does not seem that the newest bugfix release 8.4.0.2 resolves the issue. This is annoying since this vSphere Replication release is mandatory fpr vSphere ESXi 7 U2

0 Kudos
kwhornlcs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Had a case open with GSS on this, and on mine it turned out the login creditial is now case-sensitive...for instance, if using adminitrator@vsphere.local  to connect the support pak, switch the saved credital to use Administrator@vsphere.local for the username instead.

Hope this helps.

lukaslang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That totally did the trick, but you have to install 8.4.0.2 first. On another install with 8.4 it kept the error. After updating and using the case sensitive username it started working again.

Big thanks

0 Kudos
g0rbi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Works for me too.

Had to use "Administrator@VSPHERE.LOCAL"

0 Kudos