VMware Cloud Community
tuscani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VM Trend Reports

Hi all, does anyone know if there is a way to run the trend view reports against all VMs in a custom group or application rather than only on each individual VM? I am able to graph the data within Troubleshooting > All Metrics but that doesn’t given the PDF export option the way Reports do. Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Tuscani

Actually there is no way to run the trend view reports against all VMs in a custom group yet, but you can build a dashboard with Metric Picker and Metric Chart widgets to display data like Troubleshooting > All Metrics, then you can include the dashboard into report, as result you will receive a pdf with data you needed.

0 Kudos
HariRajan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Let me see whether I can help you on that , will update you shortly

Thanks & Regards in Plenteous . Hari Rajan
0 Kudos
greco827
Expert
Expert

You can build an application group that contains all of the same VM's as your custom group, and run the report against that.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful https://communities.vmware.com/people/greco827/blog
0 Kudos
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi greco827, your example is truefor List Views, but is not applicable for Trend Views.

tuscani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I tried with an application group and same result..

I don't see how I can save a dashboard as a PDF.. I understand this may be an option with 6.1 though.

0 Kudos
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, that feature is available since 6.1

0 Kudos