VMware Cloud Community
richardannand
Contributor
Contributor

VM Growth Report

Hello,

I have just started using vRealize Operations Manager and have found it better than the previous vCOPS. However, I am wondering if there is anyway to get a trend graph that shoulds the disk space growth of all VMs on a datastore. For some context, recenetly one of our datastores triggered a disk space alert. We noticed that there have been an increase of 500GB used on one store. Although we found out quickly what machine it was, it would have been helpful to have a graph to show which one it was.

Any advice would be very helpful.

Richar

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Richard,

I'm not a There's a built-in View in vR Ops 6.1 called 'Datacenter VM Growth Trend View'. I cloned it and changed the subject to Datastore (attached). It looks like it might help but you'll want to take a look and test it out. You may find a table or dashboard with the trend widget and table more useful. You can import this into Content/Views and play around with the filters, time settings, forecast days, etc. There's a preview source option when you are modifying to help you find the right presentation. There may be better options but I hope this helps get you started in the right direction!

Bill

0 Kudos