VMware Cloud Community
ajbodde
Contributor
Contributor

VCPU to PCPU ratio calculation in a supermetric.

I seem not to get it to work. What I need is a simple vcpu to pcpu ratio for the cluster which I will use in a dashboard.

XML based this was : <Metric attrkey="cpu|demand|vConsumption.per.pConsumption" label="vCPU : pCPU" unit=":1" yellow="5" orange="6" red="7" />

and as a supermetric this could for example be: sum(This Resource:Summary|Number of vCPUs on Powered On VMs)/((sum(This Resource:CPU Usage|Provisioned CPU Cores)/sum(This Resource:Summary|Total Number of Hosts))*(sum(This Resource:Summary|Total Number of Hosts)-1))

Anyone has an idea?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ajbodde
Contributor
Contributor

I think, the following might just work fine:

<Metric attrkey="cpu|vcpus_to_cores_allocation_ratio" label="vCPU to Core" unit="1" yellow="5" orange="6" red="7"/>

0 Kudos
chdrei
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

which resourcekind are you using? And which version of vrealize operations manager?

cheers

Chris

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

Just an FYI from 6.7 on-words you dont need to create metric config files for charts, scoreboards etc anymore. They added a mode object types directly in the widget config

pastedImage_0.png

which is great as i can now get the CPU usage for every VM in a group with the addition of the relationship option as well. I was only after that for 4 years Smiley Happy

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

Just found out because i tried to do it. You still need a metric config for properties

0 Kudos