VMware Cloud Community
jcwuerfl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

VCOPS Foundation - Metrics

Can you change metric top/bottom values in VCOPS Foundation?   aka say disk space on a datastore is 90% Full and that's "Critical"  and I would like it to be 90% warning and 95% full to be critical?  Is that something that you can change?  How would you do that with Foundation?  Or would you have to purchase licenses for standard, enterprise etc to do that ?

Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

The problem there is you need access to the configuration policies to edit those settings. I believe those policies aren't exposed until you get up to the Standard version, I also just checked the comparison matrix on the product splash page. Foundation is meant to be very basic health monitoring and analytics, but beyond that you'd want to upgrade to Standard or higher.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

The problem there is you need access to the configuration policies to edit those settings. I believe those policies aren't exposed until you get up to the Standard version, I also just checked the comparison matrix on the product splash page. Foundation is meant to be very basic health monitoring and analytics, but beyond that you'd want to upgrade to Standard or higher.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
rwmastel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is Foundation a free product?  I've been looking at their versino comparison web page and others linked from there, but I don't see anything that states that the Foundation version is free.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

well, you get it for free as part of different bundles, or you can get a free trial...

But it's not quite usable anyway.

http://www.vmware.com/products/vcenter-operations-management/compare.html

0 Kudos