VMware Cloud Community
DCHinPGH
Contributor
Contributor

Upgraded vROPS from 8.2 to 8.4 and have two alerts for vROPs appliance sizing

Hey All, we just upgraded our DEV vROPs environment from 8.2 to 8.4. After the upgrade completed we noticed that there were two alerts regarding the appliance size and amount of analytic nodes we have in our environment.

"Remote Collector configuration does not follow the vRealize Operations Manager Sizing guideline" and "vRops cluster analytics node count has exceeded the recommended limit of deployed node type".

I triple checked the sizing guidelines for our environment and everything is sized appropriately. The alert for analytic node count makes no sense as it's saying that the recommended amount of nodes is "0".

I want to open up a SR with vmware but it looks like their support site is down at the moment.

Has anyone else had this issue in the past? Assuming a bug but want to make sure that i'm not missing anything

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BrettK1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The second alert is a known bug between vROPs and the SDDC Management pack since 8.3 and is in engineering to be patched at some point in the future.  The first sound related, but I have not heard/seen that one myself so cannot confirm and would suggest an SR.
Oddly, that 2nd alert went away at some point for me, and I don't know why, so maybe eventually it'll clear itself.

0 Kudos