VMware Cloud Community
MrJazze
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Uninstall/Unregister vRealize Operations v8.1 (vSphere v7.0.2a)

I was installing vROps 8.1 from vSphere 7.0.2a dashboard plugin within my nested lab environment. After about 15-20 mins into the appliance deployment and the VM came online, I browsed to the URL and began "New Installation" wizard. At the point where you input the local admin password, I got an error relating to a json file (didn't get path/name). I clicked the Back button and waited several minutes more. Then proceeded to the admin password page and tried again, this time I got the same error but on a different popup windows. I closed the error and the browser wizard closed and redirected me to the normal vROps login page. I was installing/deploying vROps 8.1 from vSphere 7.0.2a dashboard addon within my nested lab environment. After about 15-20 mins into the appliance deployment and the VM came online, I browsed to the URL and began "New Installation" wizard. At the point where you input the local admin password, I got an error relating to a json file (didn't get path/name). Problem, I now cannot login to VM or webpage.

That said, if anyone knows a fix whereby I can proceed with this install or information as to how I can remove vROps completely and start over.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MrJazze
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I got logged into vROps web interface using administrator SSO account. It appears the configuration had not fully completed. However, I'm not confident everything is properly configured. So I'm looking for guidance on uninstall/unregister this instance and start over. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos