VMware Cloud Community
ViFXStu
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to view vCops from 1 vCenter server in linked mode

I have 2 vCenter servers connected with linked mode (and each of these protected with heartbeat) and a local vCOps server connected to each of them, when logged in (via RDP) on 1 vCenter server I can see vCOps either within the vSphere client or from IE without any problems, but on the other vCenter server all I get is an initial error of "Request has timed out" and then "Loading Sections" (see attachments) but it never finishes loading.

Have changed the settings in /etc/hosts.allow to ALL:ALL and I'm using static IP addresses everywhere.

I have checked DNS and both vCops appliances are able to resolve the FQDN's of both vCenter servers and the vCenter servers can resolve the FQDN of the vCops appliances (static entries added to the DNS servers).

Any ideas???

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JLackman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm getting this exact same error and behaviour. I will post here if I find any useful information to add. I am on a vCOPS appliance that worked fine two days ago. It is still sending email alerts. Services have been restarted,a nd the appliance has been rebooted. If I click on the error and proceed, I CAN see data in the "relationships" tab, but the "overview" tab does not load.

I'm on 5.6 BTW.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

2014 is coming, I'd say it's time to upgrade to (at least) 5.7.2 Smiley Happy

which browser are you using? if it's IE, try with Chrome or Firefox

0 Kudos
UmeshAhuja
Commander
Commander

Hi,

Go throuhg the below link. Will resolve your problem

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=100479...

Additional link to support above query

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=201513...

Thanks n Regards
Umesh Ahuja

If your query resolved then please consider awarding points by correct or helpful marking.
0 Kudos