VMware Cloud Community
TomaszK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unable to share custom dashboard

Hello,

I have Version 5.8.2, Build 1885282 od VCOPS Enterprise.

This is update from version 5.8.1.

I have created several custom Dashboards in version 5.8.1, I was able to share them between groups.

But now in version 5.8.2 I don't see/have share button for custom dashboards. All I can see is:

Dashboard Tools:    EDIT   CLONE   INTERACTIONS   DELETE   CREATE TEMPLATE   EXPORT IMPORT

I am in Administrators group with all access right enabled.

Any idea what happened?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomaszK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Problem solved.

The issue is connected to web browser. Firefox, and Chrome do not allow to share any custom dashboards. I.E. has the share option like there was no problem at all. Share - is the only one missing out of the whole row, and it was getting me very confused. Login as Administrator, member of Admin group, nothing helped. The time I had switch to I.E (which is very seldom as you can see) I was able to share the dashboard.

Thank you for help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Can the "admin" user share dashboards?

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
TomaszK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello, mark.j,

Sorry for long delay in response.

The admin user can't share any of the dashboards either. I have checked permissions and all are there (checked off) with full access anabled.

Thank you

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

And this is for every dashboard? /vSphere (built-in) included?  What if you create a new dashboard.. can you share that?

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
TomaszK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi mark.j

As helbewurst says, it happens all over the place. In custom dashboards that are already created, as well in a new ones.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
thecloudguy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It's frustrating, but not possible to my understanding. I hope that functionality will be there in future releases

0 Kudos
TomaszK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@thecloudguy

Why do you say that ?

It was possible in 5.8.1 version. I have still shared dashboards prior to upgrade to 5.8.2.

Thank you

0 Kudos
thecloudguy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Looking back, I think I read that wrong. I thought you were unable to export and import dashboards. That's where we have issues. When we try to export and import dashboards they break because we can't wildcard resource IDs.

"Sharing" should still be possible, though I have not tried it in 5.8.2

0 Kudos
TomaszK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

Anyone else has this issue? I am still unable to share my custom dashbords.

Thank you

0 Kudos
TomaszK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Problem solved.

The issue is connected to web browser. Firefox, and Chrome do not allow to share any custom dashboards. I.E. has the share option like there was no problem at all. Share - is the only one missing out of the whole row, and it was getting me very confused. Login as Administrator, member of Admin group, nothing helped. The time I had switch to I.E (which is very seldom as you can see) I was able to share the dashboard.

Thank you for help.

0 Kudos