VMware Cloud Community
BCSAdmin
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to open Operations Manager

Hello,

I am currently having trouble accessing the vCenter Operations Manager from my vSphere client 4.1.  I have added the server to trusted sites, i have checked all permissions and they are correct.  Other users in my organisation, within the same subnet, can access it fine however, my access stays at initialising.  I get prompted for the certificate, click OK, then i get ptompted to allow scripts to run.  No matter what i choose, yes or no, it still does not open.  I have also reinstalled the client.  It is accessible from the local server, just not from my desktop PC

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alexander_Dimi1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

What version of Internet Explorer you are using?

vSphere client internally uses IE to render HTML plugins. If possible upgrade your IE.

0 Kudos
BCSAdmin
Contributor
Contributor

I have IE v.8 however i am trying to access the add-in to vCenter 4.1 that is the issue.  I have added some more images.

0 Kudos
Alexander_Dimi1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yeah, VI Client internally uses IE to display the HTML plugins (like VCOps) - that's why I am asking for IE version.

Two additional questions:

• Are you able to open VCops from IE?
  • Can you post a screenshot of your IE About box (with full version info there), so we can try to reproduce this inhouse?

Thanks,

Alex D.

p.s. Sometimes clearing the browser cache can help in such situations (regardless that you are trying to access if from vSphere client)..

0 Kudos
BCSAdmin
Contributor
Contributor

I have attached the pics as requested.  Just to let you know, i cleared the Browser cache and still had no luck.  I can login but it stalls at the loading page.

I am able to access the UI through Google Chrome.  Could this have to do with AJAX controls being required?

0 Kudos
Alexander_Dimi1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

My last idea is to change the compatibility settings and try again:

Tools/Compatibility View Settings/Display Intranet sites in Compatibility View

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos
BCSAdmin
Contributor
Contributor

i have tried the settings as advised but still no avail.

i can successfully open it through IE on another PC so it may have to do with my browser.  i will try reinstall IE8 and test and post my results.

If anyone has any other ideas, they will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos