VMware Cloud Community
JimmyLeunglkm
Contributor
Contributor

Tunning data collection interval

Hello guys

What i came across is that the default data collection interval of 5 mins simply make my graphs not readable when im looking at 1 week duration.

Is there anyway to display fewer data points, either aggregating the duration or simply take that particular point, like 1 point/hr?

Tried to create a new attribute package and set the collection interval, but that seems to prevent the no data collected problem, and the collection interval remains at 5 mins.

Any workaround like collecting a new set of data at a larger interval?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You can click "show/hide" metric line, which turns off the data point. Then you can click "show/hide" trend line, it will show a trending line of the smoothed values. This will create a view that is a cleaner and perhaps what you're looking for.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
JimmyLeunglkm
Contributor
Contributor

Its a bit better in showing the trend right now, but then im not seeing the exact value at that time.

What i really want is that the graph display points at a larger interval, like 1 point per hour, and  I will still be able to read the point value.

Is it not possible by the product feature right now?

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

No - you either can or cannot see data points. The only way you can change intervals would be the alter the actual data collection interval.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
JimmyLeunglkm
Contributor
Contributor

If that is so, how should i change the interval?

Thx

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

To change the collection interval of an adapter, enter the custom ui, locate the resource for an adapter instance, edit the resource, change the collection interval, save, and restart (stop/start) collection on the resource.

Andrade_Michel7
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Exists some way to change data collection interval in vcops 5.x via CLI? i need to change it from 5 minutes to 1 minute.

Regards

0 Kudos