VMware Cloud Community
fduranti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Trying to monitor Tanzu Kubernetes Cluster with vROPS 8.1 and Container MP 1.4.3 getting "Failed to test adapter: onTest failed. Multiple trusted certificates found when only 1 is expected."

I saw this blog article ( Monitor Tanzu Kubernetes clusters using vRealize Operations - VMware Cloud Management ) that explain how to monitor Tanzu Kubernetes Cluster with vROPS and talk about vSphere 7.

I'm doing some tests and tried to configure vROPS 8.1 with Container MP 1.4.3 to monitor a Tanzu Kubernetes Cluster.

I followed the procedure and configured all the things.

When I got to create the Kubernetes adapter I get an error related to trusted certificates.

What happen is that vrops ask me 2 times to approve a certificate (with different thumbprint) and after that I get an error saying "          "

Checking on certificates I see that there are 2 defined for that adapter. Trying to delete one of them (or both) give me the same problem at the next validation of the adapter.

There's any way to solve this problem or force the approval having 2 certificate defined ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
billhoph
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Did u fix your problem turn out?

0 Kudos
cbien
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everybody,

I've the same issue. In my case, i use vsphere 7 with Tanzu and my TKG cluster has 3 control plane nodes. For vROPs, i use VMware vRealize® Operations™ Management Pack for Kubernetes 1.5.1 and when adding the account, i have 3 certifcates generated and then the same error message.  The account is hence in  Failed state.

I wonder if  this is a bug issue or something else needs to be done to fix the problem.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
lasszo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

same issue here as in the previous comment.

Is there a workaround for this?

We are using Token auth.

Thanks!

Laszlo

0 Kudos
vineethac
Contributor
Contributor

I had similar issue on VROps Version: 8.10.1 (20938224) and vROps MP for K8s Version 1.5.0.16990919.

Upgraded the MP to 1.8.1 and that resolved the issue!

Thanks

0 Kudos