VMware Cloud Community
MLDD
Contributor
Contributor

Supermetrics to be used for Calculating a Total Disk Space & Total Disk Space Used for a Single VCenter Server in VROPS 6.0

Hello Team,

In vROPS 6.0 ., i am trying to calculate a value for Total Disk Space & Total Disk Space used of a Datastore connected to a Single Vcenter Server .

I am using a below mentioned supermetric formula , but i m getting a data = 0

sum(${adapterkind=VMWARE, resourcekind=VMwareAdapter Instance, attribute=diskspace|total_capacity, depth=1})

sum(vCenter Server: Disk Space|Total disk space)

sum(${adapterkind=VMWARE, resourcekind=VMwareAdapter Instance, attribute=diskspace|total_usage, depth=1})

sum(vCenter Server: Disk Space|Total disk space used)

Thanks & Regard's

Upendra R

4 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What object are you assigning the SM to?

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
MLDD
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Mark,

I have assigned these supermetric to the Object Type Vmware Adapter-> vCenter Server.

I am trying to visualize the SM :- so i m getting No Data .. as i am collecting data for last 6 hours

Thanks

0 Kudos
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Upendra,

These supermetrics do make a sense, for vSphere World (parent of VMwareAdapter Instance) object only.

sum(${adapterkind=VMWARE, resourcekind=VMwareAdapter Instance, attribute=diskspace|total_capacity, depth=1})

sum(vCenter Server: Disk Space|Total disk space)

sum(${adapterkind=VMWARE, resourcekind=VMwareAdapter Instance, attribute=diskspace|total_usage, depth=1})

sum(vCenter Server: Disk Space|Total disk space used)

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

And your depth is off... test it using the SM editor and you'll find that you need to change the attribute/depth or switch to $this to make it work.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.