VMware Cloud Community
krishvmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Super Metric works only few clusters not all

I have created a super metric to calculate the memory of cluster. I am getting results for only few clusters remaining clusters the result is " - ".

sum(${adaptertype=VMWARE, objecttype=VirtualMachine, attribute=mem|consumed_average, depth=4})/(1024*1000*1000) - This is the super metric which i am using, please help.

And one more SM i have created but that one output is just "0". For the same above mentioned purpose tried with this metric.

sum(${adaptertype=VMWARE, objecttype=VirtualMachine, attribute=mem|guest_usage, depth=1})/(1024*1000*1000)

thank you.

Krish.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

They are memory metrics in your SM not datastore

0 Kudos
krishvmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi ,

Sorry , My mistake . was working in other issue. I have corrected. So it is for memory only.

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

Trying to work out what you are after

Why cant you use the memory consumed metric for the cluster object why do you need to add up the memory consumed for each VM

0 Kudos
krishvmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi ,

Really thank you for this. I did not check normal metric since we have been using this SM for such a long time so never thought about this.

But can you please help me to sort out that SM why is not giving expected results. (Just for my knowledge).

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

sum(${adaptertype=VMWARE, objecttype=VirtualMachine, attribute=mem|guest_usage, depth=1})/(1024*1000*1000)

This SM that is giving you 0 because the depth counter. If you run this on a host object it will return data. Any other object will return 0 as it wont look further than on object down the relational stack

0 Kudos
krishvmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos