VMware Cloud Community
julienvarela
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Super Metric - average of multiple vmnic

Hi,

I am currently trying to create a super metric regarding the workload of specific vmnic.

I would like to combine for exemple the workload of my vmnic1,4,5.

I don't know how to do it on vROPS. I can create for one vmnic but how combine multiple values?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Julien.

Regards, J.Varela http://vthink.fr
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

It might be 0 because that NIC has no workload. It tool me 10 hosts to find a host that registered a workload. If you check the host under environment -> Hosts and clusters -> Select a host then select the troubleshooting tab -> all metric. Find the workload metric for the NIC and double click it and a graph will show you if there is any workload. Doing this will prove out if there is a problem with the super metric or if the host does not have any workload on that nic.

In screenshot super 1 it shows that the super metric is working for nic 5. None of the other nics are showing workload so in screenshot super 2 you can see the average of nic 5 added to the average of the same nic (doubling the peak) just change the vmnic5 to the vmnicx you want

here is the formula

avg(${this, metric=net:vmnic5|usage|workload})+avg(${this, metric=net:vmnic5|usage|workload})

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sunnydua2011101
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You need to avg the network|workload% of each VMNIC and add all of them together as the supermetric definition.

avg(vmnic1 workload) + avg(vmnic2 workload)+ avg(vmnic3 workload)

Hope this helps!!

Regards Sunny
0 Kudos
julienvarela
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

I have already tested this and it is not working. Still have 0 ...

Please see the screenshot attached bellow.

lag.png

Regards,

Julien

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

It might be 0 because that NIC has no workload. It tool me 10 hosts to find a host that registered a workload. If you check the host under environment -> Hosts and clusters -> Select a host then select the troubleshooting tab -> all metric. Find the workload metric for the NIC and double click it and a graph will show you if there is any workload. Doing this will prove out if there is a problem with the super metric or if the host does not have any workload on that nic.

In screenshot super 1 it shows that the super metric is working for nic 5. None of the other nics are showing workload so in screenshot super 2 you can see the average of nic 5 added to the average of the same nic (doubling the peak) just change the vmnic5 to the vmnicx you want

here is the formula

avg(${this, metric=net:vmnic5|usage|workload})+avg(${this, metric=net:vmnic5|usage|workload})

0 Kudos
julienvarela
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, in fact i was not using the proper formula. I have test with our formula and it is ok now.

(avg(${this, metric=net:vmnic5|usage|workload})+avg(${this, metric=net:vmnic5|usage|workload}))/2

Regards,

Julien.

0 Kudos