VMware Cloud Community
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

Service failed on vrops

I was looking at the f5 LB that we have in front of our vrops and noticed 2 of the noes were shown as offline. |Looking ta the health moniter it is using a API call GET /suite-api/api/deployment/node/status\r\n

When i run those against the two that are shown as offline i get

This matches up with want i am seeing in the F5.

If i then run the suite-api/api/deployment/node/services/info which all need to be online for the above to go on line i get

All is good except the last one. I cant for the life of me find how to troubleshoot this or any documentation on the agent on the vrops appliance its self. I can fine loads of stuff on remote agents but not this. Anyone any ideas what the command line is to at least try and start it.

Edit: vrops 8.2

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello @sxnxr,

You are right, this is because from vROPs 8.0, the load balancing API call changed and you can confirm that in this document: https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Operations-Manager/8.1/vRealize-Operations-Manager-Load-Balancin...

Is a guide about how to configure Load Balancing in vROPs by using different vendors. This is the new string that you need to use: GET /suiteapi/api/deployment/node/status?services=api&services=adminui&services=ui\r\n

However I recommend you to go over the document as you will see all the needed configurations.

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

Thanks for the reply but i am still getting the same error by specifiying the 3 services . Also see below the 3 services are online

vrops api.png

FYI for anyone looking the documentation is wrong it has the service-admin when it is adminUI and in the reply above there is a missing - in suite-api and it is service not services