VMware Cloud Community
Weshale1879
Contributor
Contributor

Search filed is not returning any virtual desktops

We are trying to troubleshooting poor performance in a few of vdi desktops in one particular pool. We would like look at metrics per desktops and each time search for a particular desktops using the main search field in vrops manager or in the virtual desktop field in the helpdesk dashboard no desktops are returned. Any reason why the search function is not returning desktop? Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Since you provided so little information (including versions of all related applications), only explanations that come to mind are

1.) That desktop isn't being collected upon by the relevant adapter.

2.) You've misspelled the desktop name.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Do you have a vcenter adapter and a horizon adapter? The horizon adapter will only populate the horizon helpdesk dashboards, and the vcenter adapter gets metrics directly from vcenter. If may help if you include screenshots of the adapter and where the search field is.

0 Kudos
Weshale1879
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying. We're very new to vrops and have only had in the environment for about a month now. Vrops info is below. I also checking with our L2 to ensure that the master they're using has the vrops agent installed. The desktop name is correct verified that. If the agent is installed, is there anything to check to see why the search function is not finding them?

Version 7.0.0.11287812

Build 11287812

0 Kudos
Weshale1879
Contributor
Contributor

I believe we have both the horizon and vcenter adapters. I will search for the both adapters and snapshot them for review.

0 Kudos
Weshale1879
Contributor
Contributor

I have confirmed that we have both the Horizon and Vcenter adapters. Here are both the search fields I'm using.

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos