VMware Cloud Community
vkaranam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

SUpermetric for the Host CPU cores

How guys,

I am trying to create a supermetric for the host cpu cores and i am using the following the formula but it is failing. I am unable to find what is the exact reason. any help?

count(${adaptertype=VMWARE, objecttype=HostSystem, metric=hardware|cpuInfo|num_CpuCores, depth=1})

Thanks

Vkar

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

try

sum(${this, metric=cpu|corecount_provisioned})

using "this" will allow you to count all the cores depending on where you focus the supermetric. If you select the host it will count the host cores and if you select the cluster it will count all the cores in the cluster.

Hope this is what you are after

vkaranam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks SXNXR,

I have redone complete metric and i am getting the result by using this.

${this, metric=hardware|cpuInfo|num_CpuCores}.

I have selected the following as shown in image.Object types.PNG

When i select the host it is showing the cpu cores in the host. But when i am selecting from the virtual machine level and applying this supermetric it is not showing the correct result. Even by using the supermetrics cant we get the host result at the virtual machine level?

Thanks

vkar

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

Are you looking for 1 super metric that when you select a host it shows the core count for the host, if you select a vm shows the number of vcpus assigned to the VM?

or are you looking to select the VM and it show you the cores count in the host is is on?

vkaranam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am looking for when i select a VM it should show the cores count on the host it is on. Thanks for understanding the scenario.

Thanks

Vkar

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

I don't think you can do that. To change the focus of the super metric to show the results of a different object you can use the depth=1 this will show the results for the object one level below the current selected object ( change the 1 to 2 to go two levels below and so on). I don't think you can go up a level.

Sorry i could not be any more help

0 Kudos
twinrbeta
Contributor
Contributor

I am not aware of 'roll up' metrics.... yet Smiley Happy

I want to do this at the cluster level for CPU/Mem/storage....for each cluster per tenant....

I have tried it with the following objects:

folders

custom groups

tags

cluster resource

Helping businesses build a better IT instead of swing'n a better story.
0 Kudos