VMware Cloud Community
Akopylov
Commander
Commander

SDDC MP - vCenter OS Credentials Missing

Hello there.

I'm totally new to vrops, so my question is probably stupid, but I can't solve it on my own.

I have 2 node HA vrops 6.6.1 cluster and VCSA 6.5u1e.

I installed SDDC MP 4.0 to test the vcenter appliance monitoring and it says in the SDDC documentation that vSphere adapter must be configured. And it is so in my case, the configuration of vSphere adapter was the first thing I made after the vrops deployment. Now according to the SDDC doc I should provide credentials for the VCSA guest OS:

Configure vCenter Server Health

Before you monitor the health for avCenter Server instance, you have to configure the vCenter Server in

your SDDC health solution.

Prerequisites

Verify that you have configured vCenter Server adapter and is running.

Procedure

1 From the Administration tab, click Solutions.

2 Click the edit gear icon, and click Add.

3 Enter the Instance settings text boxes, vCenter Server IP address, Credentials, and click Close.

4 To edit an object, under the Inventory Explorer, under the adapter instances, select an SDDC Health

adapter instance.

5 Search for a vCenter object and click the edit icon.

6 Edit the required text boxes or click the plus icon to add new credentials.

7 In the Manage Credential, enter the OS credentials.

For a Windows vCenter, enter the OS user name. For example, administrator. For a VCSA, enter the

local OS user name. For example, root, any user with a shell access.

8 Click OK.

Well, there are 2 SDDC adapters in the Inventory Explorer, however I can't see any vCenter objects:

1 (1).png

If I try to edit "vCenter Health" there is no option to provide any credentials:

2 (1).png

However I can see some info about VCSA services in the SDDS dashboard:

3 (1).png

Still I get the "SDDC Config Notification - vCenter OS Credentials Missing, Services may not be discovered for this vCenter. Please Configure the VC HOST OS Credential in Inventory Explorer" notification:

4.PNG

I don't know how SDDS gathered some info about vcenter appliance without credentials provided and I don't know how to specify that credentials Smiley Sad

Well, for the test purposes, I had specified 'administrator@sso.domain' credentials for the vSphere adapter and it also has admin privileges for the guest photon OS of VCSA, so may be it is the reason why I can see info about vcenter appliance services, but, I guess I need to provide credentials for SDDC adapter.

P.S. vrops is breaking my mind.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
porzech
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Try this from  User Guide: VMWare SDDC Health Monitoring Solution 4.0:

Configure vCenter Server Health

Before you monitor the health for avCenter Server instance, you have to configure the vCenter Server in your SDDC health solution.

Prerequisites

Verify that you have configured vCenter Server adapter and is running.

Procedure

1 From the Administration  tab, click  Solutions.

2 Click the edit gear icon, and click Add.

3 Enter the Instance settings text boxes, vCenter Server  IP address, Credentials , and click  Close.

4 To edit an object, under the Inventory Explorer, under the adapter instances, select an SDDC Health adapter instance.

5 Search for a vCenter object and click the edit icon.

6 Edit the required text boxes or click the plus icon to add new credentials.

7 In the Manage Credential , enter the OS credentials.For a Windows vCenter, enter the OS user name. For example, administrator. For a VCSA, enter thelocal OS

0 Kudos
RickVerstegen
Expert
Expert

You need to go to adapter instances under inventory explorer. Then select SDDC health adapter instance and add those new credentials. You selected SDDC health directly under inventory explorer in the first screenshot you provided.

Was I helpful? Give a kudo for appreciation!
Blog: https://rickverstegen84.wordpress.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/verstegenrick
0 Kudos
VIR2AL3X
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Akopylov​ - I too had this same warning and was able to resolve it after speaking with a colleague who is a member our CMBU.  What you will need to do is the following:

• Navigate to Administration > Inventory > Adapter Instances > SDDC Health Adapter Instance, then click on an instance.
  • Click Filter in the upper right, and begin typing in the name of your vCenter Server and hit Enter.

2019-04-17_17-26-43.png

• Click your vCenter Server object for the SDDC Health Adapter, and then click the pencil icon to edit the object.

2019-04-17_17-29-04.png

• Click the + sign next to the Credential field, and configure the credential used to access the vCenter VAMI (this is the root user and password, not the SSO account), then click OK, and OK again to save and exit the edit screen.

2019-04-17_17-33-29.png

• After about 5 minutes, the warning will go away.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos