VMware Cloud Community
yeshwanth
Contributor
Contributor

Risk badge greyed out even after two days of activity

Initially health and risk badge greyed out after working perfectly fine for 4 months. I though reinstalling the product would be a quicker to get it up and running. Deployed a product from .ova file and connected it to a vcenter server.

The health badge and risk badge show some metrics. The risk badge though is still greyed out and doesn't show a value after two days of collecting the logs. Any pointers as to why thi is happening would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

Make sure you're on vCenter Ops 5.0.2 if this is the vApp.  The previous versions didn't display some badges correctly after getting the data.

Can you provide a screen capture of what you are referring to?  You will need to expand the "why is"... for each affected badge, and we would need to know what type of object is selected in the Navigation tree.   

yeshwanth
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reposne. I am still running version 5 and that I think is the reason why the badges are not being populated. Read the documentation for upgrade but couldn't find the update bundle for upgrade.

I have noticed that the risk badge is always unknown/greyed out on cluster or datacenter level but on individual virtual machines it has some metrics. I did click on 'why' its shows some values for sub badges but the risk badge is still grey. so I think all it needs is an update. Could you point me to the update package please.

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

Go: https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/info/slug/infrastructure_operations_management/vmware_vcenter_ope...

Find the version you have entitlement to, and you'll want to download the file that ends in PAK (that's just a delta upgrade for the vApp).

Once downloaded, login to the /admin website of vCOps and go to the update tab.  Provide the PAK file for upgrading, and follow the prompts.

yeshwanth
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.

I tried that yesterday and none of the version are showing as me entitled to download. Not sure how to get the update file. Will have to raise a ticket with VMware support unless there is a quicker way to do it.

0 Kudos