VMware Cloud Community
goodface
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Remaining Capacity tab !

please help me still cant understand this tabs

what is mean recomemded size  and remaining tab. now i want to config/edit  on vm  but i must add 4 gb memory or remove 4 gb memory ? please say

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

For best results yes install it in all VM's. Be careful as this will have architectural and database implications as you will be collecting a lot more data. You might need to deploy more data nodes or even remote collectors to be the collectors for the EPO agents.

The H: 33.99 is the highest memory usage % during the selected time frame.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

The recommended size is what vrops has worked out as the amount of memory the VM should have. The remaining it the capacity that vrops says is free (memory) that is assigned to the VM.

Be careful with this value as vrops does not know what any application is doing. If the application is using memory for cache (SQL) vrops wont report this as the application cache is not "Hot" memory. That is why task manager with in the VM can be different to what vrops reports as being used. The only way around this as far as i know is to use the EPO agent.

I have attached 3 screenshots.

one is the task manager of a vcenter

one show the % used from vrops with no agent

the last shows the memory used from vrops using the EPO agent.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
jacktotom
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

hi sxnxrsxnxr

so if we want to use epo then we must install all vm ?

just want to learn that what is mean h:33.99 ?

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

For best results yes install it in all VM's. Be careful as this will have architectural and database implications as you will be collecting a lot more data. You might need to deploy more data nodes or even remote collectors to be the collectors for the EPO agents.

The H: 33.99 is the highest memory usage % during the selected time frame.

0 Kudos