VMware Cloud Community
vkaranam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Custom Dashboard Access issue

Hello guys,

I have the following situation in the cutom dashboard access. There is an account name John created locally in the securitytab (not imported from LDAP) and given the administrative rights. There is a regular admin account which was created at the time of deploying vC Ops. The problem is what ever the dahboards that are created by John cannot be viewed by the Admin where as other users imported from LDAP can view them. I have shared these dashboards and assigned to the adminstrators row. Are these dashboards can be created only by the Admin?

Thanks

VK

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

If John create a dashboard and share it to Admin...can admin see it ?

0 Kudos
vkaranam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Hugo,

Admin was unable to see those dashboards. Thats my problem here.

Thanks

VK

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You need to share the dashboards...else you will not see them.

Thus Johan who is an admin will not see the user admin dashboards. The user Admin must share the dashboard to John so that John can see them.

It does not mean that If John is an admin he will see all the dashboards that the user admin (who is an admin) have created.

0 Kudos
vkaranam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hugo,

I have shared the dashboards created by John who is an user admin. The problem is the main Admin account was unable to see the dashboards created by this User admin john.

Thanks

VK

0 Kudos
vkaranam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any Idea why the admin was unable to see the Dashoards created by user admin John???

Thanks

VK

0 Kudos