VMware Cloud Community
acidric2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Problem with custom group

Hi,

For a custom dashboard, I need to keep track of the number of VMs in a custom group.

But I can not find Metric summary | total_number_vms for my custom group.

I thought creating a supermetric, but I did not succeed to the good result.

Someone already did it do that?

Acidric

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This super metric should count the number of VMs in a container.

count(${adaptertype=VMWARE, objecttype=VirtualMachine, metric=badge|health_state, depth=1})

I'm using one very similar to this to count the number of VDI desktop sessions in custom groups.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This super metric should count the number of VMs in a container.

count(${adaptertype=VMWARE, objecttype=VirtualMachine, metric=badge|health_state, depth=1})

I'm using one very similar to this to count the number of VDI desktop sessions in custom groups.

0 Kudos
acidric2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, thank for your first response (1 year later 😉

I'm tryinh exactly the same as you (count Session state VDI by vcenter) but i can't do it

count(${adaptertype=V4V, objecttype=UserDesktop, attribute=status|session_state, depth=2})

V4V= horizon view management pack of course...

An idea ? Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I think you'll have to create a custom group containing all of the sessions you want to count and assign the supermetric to that.  There's no relationship between vcenter and vdi desktop sessions (objecttype=UserDesktop).  Maybe you can create a custom group that contains all of the sessions associated with the pools for each vcenter.  In my case I'm actually grouping sessions based on the client source IP so I know how many are connecting from different locations.

0 Kudos