VMware Cloud Community
nmanm0305
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Powered-Off Duration

Under Home > Optimize Capacity > Reclaim > Powered Off VMs, there is a column labeled Duration that is seemingly tracking the amount of time that a VM has been powered-off.

Is there a way to see where that metric is coming from and or how its being calculated? There isn't an edit option on the widget as in other dashboards. I would like to add this metric to other dashboards.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunnydua2011101
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Got it.. You are correct it is not a metric. It is calculated by the UI. I am taking this in as a feature request to see if we can add this in the upcoming releases.

Thanks.

Regards Sunny

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
sunnydua2011101
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Click on the little wheel icon next to where it says Reclaim on this page. You can set the number of days for Idle, Powered Off and Snapshots here.

On top right corner of this page there is a link to a video which explains this.

Regards Sunny
0 Kudos
nmanm0305
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sunny, thank you for your response. I reviewed the Reclaim icon and video that you've referenced, but they do not answer my question.

My question is: how can I access the powered-off duration metric (as pictured below) for use in other dashboards?

I want to add that exact metric to other dashboards. For example; I have a dashboard that shows VM owners the status of their machines, if one of their machines is powered off I want them to see that duration metric.

pastedImage_0.png

I think the "powered-off duration" should be accessible in metric picker for the Virtual Machine object type, but I do not see it there.

pastedImage_4.png

0 Kudos
sunnydua2011101
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Got it.. You are correct it is not a metric. It is calculated by the UI. I am taking this in as a feature request to see if we can add this in the upcoming releases.

Thanks.

Regards Sunny
0 Kudos
nmanm0305
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Sunny, that will be a useful metric!

0 Kudos
saravanan29892
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello Sunny,

Is this still being explored or is there a workaround already?

0 Kudos
eric_silberberg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Any chance this is a 7.0 feature?

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

I am half way through my lab upgrade so i can check when it is finished

0 Kudos
sunnydua2011101
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Nope.. this is not in 7.0.. Hopefully next release...

Regards Sunny
0 Kudos
LiamCurley
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is there a way to do this yet? I can't find this Powered Off Duration as a metric to add to other dashboards/reports still

0 Kudos