VMware Cloud Community
DLA_Mike
Contributor
Contributor

Post a custom Dashboard Page

Hello All,

One of the things that amazes me about this product is the lack of documentation that is available to customers.

As an example, there are really very few examples of custom dashboards and what is a good Dashboard.  Another example is adapter use cases and documentation. 

Maybe we could have a stickied thread for posting of a custom Dashboard and how its setup and with what metrics, etc. 

I hate the fact that VMware basically forces you to use PS credits for every little thing in vCOps.  There are ways around large engagements for vCOps so if anyone is interested in what we did, PM me.  

Thoughts on the custom dashboard stickied thread?

Mike

DLA Piper LLP (US) Data Center Architect
0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Disclamer : I am a VMware employee.

Not saying this is an official start but we have included some custom dashboard examples in out vCat Documentation. I have asked today if I can expand more on this and I am "sure" it will happen for the next release.

0 Kudos
DLA_Mike
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome, thanks for the info.  Im very much looking forward to 5.6

Mike

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Just to make sure...I was refering to the next release of vCat 🙂

0 Kudos
DLA_Mike
Contributor
Contributor

The current version of vCat was released in Sept.  Is there a release date for the next version?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

There is a minor updated version coming out I think Q1 and then a Major later next year. Dont have the exact dates.

0 Kudos